Landau UK Wins Mmo Fishing Vessel Contract
Landau UK, specialists in delivering award winning installations, refits, remodel and restoration of equipment and systems to all leisure and commercial marine vessels, are delighted to have won a 3 year contract with Defra and the Marine Management Organisation (MMO) to provide engineering services for the testing of engine power of fishing vessels around the UK.
Landau will use its expertise and skill set to ensure that the EU Regulations 1224/2009 and 404/2011 which require fishing vessel output is recorded correctly on its registration and whilst on fishing licence. This testing, which will be undertaken at sea, will determine the overall UK fishing fleet capacity in terms of power, at any one time.
Landau UK will measure shaft torque and revolutions per min (rpm), as well as engine power calculations using established constants for the properties of the steel in the shaft. The recorded information will accurately access the output of the engine at the shaft. Landau’s investment in this equipment can be used on any shaft driven vessel for a variety of purposes from proving engine performance to fault diagnosis.
Commenting on this contract win, Ben Metcalfe, Managing Director at Landau UK said: “We are delighted to have secured this 3 year contract with DEFRA and the Marine Management Organisation (MMO), which clearly demonstrates our expertise in the monitoring and testing of fishing vessels on large-scale projects.”
Call us for more information on +44(0)1489 577588.
Latest Toys & Gadgets
- Landau UK are the UK’s only official distributor of the new Seabob Rescue
- Biocide Free Fouling Release System
- Landau UK gains recommendation for ISO 9001:2015
- Landau UK Launches New Marina Service
- Landau UK Exhibiting at Motorboat & RIB Show 2017
- Landau UK Wins Coveted Motor Boats ‘Outstanding Service Award 2017’
- Landau UK Launches New Marine Shrink Wrapping Service
- Landau UK Exhibiting at London Boat Show 2017
- Landau UK Appoints New Business Operations Director
- LANDAU UK EXHIBITING AT METSTRADE 2016