Simrad Halo Compression Radar
Simrad HALO™ Pulse Compression Radar is the world’s first high-performance solid-state, open-array radar system with pulse compression technology, suitable for recreational and light marine markets and recently won the Dame Design Award.
Scan for weather or the shoreline at as much as 72nm range while monitoring for obstructions as close as 100m, all by using one radar. That is the clever proposition of the Simrad HALO™ Pulse Compression Radar that utilises the next generation of the company’s solid-state pulse-compression technology.
The Jury appreciated both the complex design effort represented by this dual-range breakthrough model and also the user interface of the multifunction display with its side-by-side radar images.
- True 64nm range with 4-foot open array antenna
- Beam Sharpening with Target Separation Control
- Compatible exclusively with Simrad NSS evo2 and NSO evo2 multifunction displays
- Dual Range operation
- Advanced signal processing with Custom, Harbour, Offshore, Weather, andBIRD modes
- High-speed 48RPM operation
- InstantOn™, ready in 16-25 seconds from power-on, instant from standby
- MARPA target tracking, up to 10 targets (20 with dual range)**
- Low electromagnetic emissions and radiation
- Low power consumption with 12/24V operation
- Ethernet connectivity
- Unique blue LED accent lighting with brightness control