A kill cord you’ll never forget
Lifecord is a newly designed kill cord providing the certainty and reliability of a tethered connection between a boat’s engine ignition kill switch and pilot, ensuring the vessel’s engine stops should the pilot be inadvertently thrown from the helm. However, unlike the typical passive kill cords commonly seen, Lifecord is a ‘smart’ kill cord incorporating detection technology designed to trigger an audible and visual warning alarm should Lifecord be connected to the boat’s kill switch but not the pilot, similar to the seatbelt warning in your car.
Lifecord’s uniquely designed Key and Clasp connector is comfortable to wear and can be operated easily even while wearing gloves. It also offers a secondary method of pilot connection using an ergonomically designed Lifejacket Key which can be permanently fitted to lifejackets. Pilot change and reconnecting Lifecord couldn’t be easier or safer.
Lifecord ensures that should a pilot leave the helm when the boat’s engine is ticking over in neutral, they are reminded to reconnect the cord when they return, also ensuring a pilot change results in the new pilot being reminded to connect. It alerts the skipper and other crew members alike, should the pilot not have connected the cord.
Lifecord detects whether or not it’s being worn. Should for any reason it become inadvertently looped back on itself with the Clasp and Key connected but without being worn round the user’s leg, if it’s connected to the vessel’s kill switch it will alarm.
Lifecord is designed & manufactured in Great Britain and will be available to purchase from April 2018 from Lifecord’s UK distributor – Landau UK.
To record your interest please complete the Lifecord Request Form
Latest Toys & Gadgets
- Celebrating 25 Years of success at Southampton Boat Show
- Double Award Celebration for Lifecord and Landau UK Commercial
- A kill cord you’ll never forget
- Revolutionary marine light tape
- Landau UK are the UK’s only official distributor of the new Seabob Rescue
- Biocide Free Fouling Release System
- Landau UK gains recommendation for ISO 9001:2015
- Landau UK Launches New Marina Service
- Landau UK Exhibiting at Motorboat & RIB Show 2017
- Landau UK Wins Coveted Motor Boats ‘Outstanding Service Award 2017’