Landau UK Launches New Marina Service
Landau UK are expanding their growing marine services – Brompton Bike and Locker Rental in association with Brompton Bikes.
Change the way your berth holders get around marinas!
- Marine bike and locker rental scheme
- Added berth holder value
- Up to 72% marina ROI
- Advertising/messaging platform, generating extra income
- A weatherproof secure storage solution
- All bikes carry full warranty
- Fully replaced after rental term expires and new rental agreed
- Servicing options available through local Brompton dealer
Landau UK is introducing a fantastic new facility for marinas to offer their berth holders – a convenient and efficient bike hire scheme.
There’s no question that having folding bikes on board for a weekend away or a longer trip can hugely enhance the boating experience. From effortless family sightseeing to simply providing a quick and easy route into town from remotely located marinas, once the benefits of bikes on board have been experienced, most boaters wouldn’t wish to be without them for short or long haul cruising.
The only reason people don’t is that even the most compact folding cycles take up space that might not want to be lost on a day to day basis. And whilst the best bikes are a pleasure to ride, there’s no getting away from the fact that they are expensive relative to the amount of annual use most boat owners will typically give them.
Bike hire is the perfect solution, allowing boaters to have bikes on board only when they’re going to be of use. And, of course, avoiding the need for an expensive purchase that typically may only get used a handful of days a year.
Until now, that’s meant finding a shop that hires folding bikes (most don’t), and then getting the bikes back to the marina. By siting the bikes actually at the marina, Landau UK neatly clear that final hurdle to two wheeled nirvana, whilst allowing the marina operator to add value to their operation and generate funds.
Stored in smart weatherproof lockers, the bikes are high quality Brompton folding cycles, made in London and specifically adapted for the marine environment. 12.5kg lighter than the regular Brompton bycycle, rust resistant stainless steel parts include even the chain, whilst the E-coated frame is impervious to weather. Yet all the traditional Brompton values such as suspension seat post and variable gearing ensure that there is no compromise to the riding experience.
- The fold – the clever design enables the bike to easily be folded of unfolded in 20 seconds. Ideal for storing in a boat garage – watch the video
- The handlebars – M Type handlebar offering an excellent all round comfortable riding position
- The ride – The small wheels afford the bike great acceleration and manoeuvrability, ideal for stop-start riding. The suspension system and long seat post make the bike comfortable to ride over rough surfaces and for longer distances
- The gearing – 3 SPEED – A robust enclosed hub gear, a great choice for everyday cycling
- Stainless steel parts including the chain
- E-coated frame for rust prevention (a process of chemical cleaning and then an electro-painted undercoat applied before the final powder colour coat)
- PTFE coated stainless brake and gear cables
- Special protective lubricants – including silicon grease on hinge pins
- Lightweight – 12.5kg, lighter than the standard Brompton Bike
Contact us to find out more
Latest Toys & Gadgets
- A kill cord you’ll never forget
- Revolutionary marine light tape
- Landau UK are the UK’s only official distributor of the new Seabob Rescue
- Biocide Free Fouling Release System
- Landau UK gains recommendation for ISO 9001:2015
- Landau UK Launches New Marina Service
- Landau UK Exhibiting at Motorboat & RIB Show 2017
- Landau UK Wins Coveted Motor Boats ‘Outstanding Service Award 2017’
- Landau UK Launches New Marine Shrink Wrapping Service
- Landau UK Exhibiting at London Boat Show 2017